Friday, June 8, 2007

Teaching

Wow. Time flies, I am already halfway through my time here. I thought I would write what a normal day for me is like.

I normally wake up breifly at 5 everymorning with the sun and the sound of the Muslims 1st call to prayer but then fall back to sleep. I wake up at 8, eat breakfast, shower and read then go downstairs for my Dari lessons. After just 2 weeks I can introduce myself, ask and answer basic questions, count to 1000, say the colours and the days of week as well as barter in a shop. I still need a lot of work but its exciting to think the 2 weeks ago I only knew how to say hello.

My language lessons are just an hour everymorning. After these lessons I have an hour break before my first class. I teach three classes a day and am finished by 4:45. Every evening here is diffrent. For example tues night I went to one of my students houses for supper, wend evening I did some shopping then ate at this beautiful resturant on top of a mountian that over looks the whole city, thur evening I we went to Mc Donalds and then for a walk through the park and friday I went to a graduation at an Afghan school. One of my students is a teacher and she invited me to come. There were actually 5 of my students at this graduation.

So this is what a normal day in the life of Danielle is like. I hope I was able to give you just an idea of what I am doing here.

No comments: