Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Islamabad

I can't believe that I have been in Pakistan for two weeks now! Time has just flown by. I will try and post some pictures later, I am just have a little problem figuring out this computer. I am borrowing one of the ladies computers at the school and its all in German...So back to what I have been doing. Yesterday was my last day at the little school in Rahim. They had a little appreciation assembly for me where students from each class presented either a story, song, or poem in English. (most of which I taught to them) It has been very exciting to see how much the students have learned but also the teachers willingness to let me into their class and teach a little differently. I have already seen some of the teachers change some of their teaching methods away from strict memorization to some application.

I flew into Islamabada thismorning and have met most of the teachers at the school. They are from everywhere around the world. I am still not to sure whats all going on. There is a girl arriving from the US tomarow and I am sure I will find out more information then. I know I will be teaching Afgahn refugee girls, which I am very exciting about.

5 comments:

Ted the Toad said...

Look at you go!

I am so excited you are getting these crazee cool opportunities Wiebe. You were always one for adventure and new things.

I miss you so much!

Cindy (d28)

Unknown said...

Danielle do you have access to your email account? can I write to you?
so much I want to say can't fit in a 'log
Kelly and JP

Melly said...

Hey Wiebey,
I was talking to an old couple today that were born in Pakistan but raised in India. I told them how you were in Islamabad and they said that was the best city in Pakistan. Are you still enjoying it?
I hope you're having fun, I love you! Melly

Lisa B said...

Danielle! I'm so proud of you! You are a lot braver than I am. Keep up the good work. I miss you!
~your favorite RA

Amanda Wiebe said...

Hey Danielle,

It is so exciting to hear how well things are going for you. Mike & I continue to keep you in our prayers.
Blessings!
Amanda